Wednesday, July 21, 2010

taste of india

In the morning we go through 39 energization exercises before yoga and meditation. Its a lot!!! I have been skipping yoga, not liking it so much.

People arriving for a Taste of India celebration. About 100 people came to the house for food and entertainment. Michael and AJay are playing.
Here is cute little Alina playing the drum.
Musical performance. Shiva, Shiva, Shiva, Sambo

ME!!!! Playing the Mirimbas!!! I love it so much. Someone took a video so I will try to post it.

The girls in Sari's. They looked so cute. I didnt want to wear one.
The girls and Kalil bussing the table. Damian snuck in the back.

Poster for the Taste of India

Decorations.

Menu

Seatting set up.

Plates with banana leaves. Food was served this way.
Last night was the big fundraiser/party here. We have spent the last few days preparing for every one to come...cleaning and cooking and setting up.It was a lot of work. Today we are cleaning up after the mess we made last night.
Tomorrow after breakfast we leave for "Family Camp". It is camping on the other side of the Island with all the of people in the program and their families come and other people too. I am not excited about the camping part but they say I should go because it is so much fun so I will have to tough it out. This will be the last 3 days of the program.
When I come back from the camp out it will be quiet here again, although I have heard that there
are 10 people coming and going in the next 2 weeks.
I'll take pictures at the camp out but wont be able to post them until Monday.
Aloha, Jill












No comments:

Post a Comment